Friday, April 30, 2010

Creative Writing

Someday...

And then it hit me
You're no longer with me
My life was always so complete with you around
But now, it never will be

Just a few months ago
You celebrated your life in different ways
No one could have ever expected
That you weren't going to stay

It hit us all like a bullet
Hard and fast
We've always believed that your life
Was one that was meant to last

Instead you were taken
We watched you slowly slip away
But still the presence of you being here
Won't ever fade, tomorrow, in years, nor today

But even though its painful
Learning to live without you around
I know that you're better now
In Heaven, safe and sound

I'll never forget the things you've taught me
Or the things you've always done
To make life easier for those you love
To make everyone's life more fun

And so, with teary eyes, I say "good-bye"
Or more like, "until we meet again"
Even though I don't know how
Even where or when

Still it's something to look forward to
The only thought that will help me make it through
This hard, painful time
The thought of someday meeting you

-Kelci Fusae Harada-Mochizuki
30 April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment