Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Childhood/Simplicity/Pure Happiness vs. Depression/Stress/Anger

Alright so, we're taking a break from the usual Pikachou blog to focus on something that I've been thinking about a lot lately.
I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone but, for me, I remember how easily happiness used to happen. The feeling of being excited when holidays would come around, being curious about everything I saw/touched/heard, just feeling happy all (and/or most of the time) and not having to worry about too much. More then ever now, I miss being a little girl and sometimes, it even makes me sad to think that, that particular sort of happiness can never happen again because, as an adult, it wouldn't be "grown-up" enough to act like a kid. However, luckily for me, there are certain things that do remind me so much of my wonderful childhood and, it makes me feel a little better about being an adult and not so sad about having to grow up; just knowing that these things still exist and aren't going anywhere warms my heart and makes me smile.
Kelci's Happiness List:
-Christmas: the happiest time of the year; despite how busy everyone may be, everyone is happy when we're all together and that everyone is enjoying thier Christmas together. My favorite holiday.
-Disneyland: truly, the happiest place on Earth. Whether it be because of the memorable characters, the magical stories, or just the happy atmosphere that surrounds the entire park, Disneyland has always played a significant role in my life and is the best place in the world.
-Thanksgiving: being able to spend time with family and friends, being thankful for everything we've been blessed with, and getting to eat the best food in the world, prepared with love by the people I love the most.
-Scents: REAL Christmas trees, cinnamon, freshly baked cookies: the scents that marks the start of the holidays for me.

And the list continues but, as of right now, this is what I've been thinking/looking forward to the most.
*sigh* I don't know, I just want it to be the time of year when everyone is happy and enjoying themselves. No more stress, anger, unnecessary tension....all of those unwanted things just bring everything else down with it and, life just isn't enjoyable anymore. Everyone has already got enough to deal with when it comes to things that we can't control (death, illness, finances, etc.), don't add to it. Be the better person and help make people's lives less stressful.
"The most beautiful thing you can do is have a beautiful heart. It doesn't matter how beautiful the outside is, if there's nothing shining out from it, it really doesn't matter. That's what a beautiful person is, you feel their warmth all around you. The true beauty lies within the smile you give to people, not just the beautiful lipstick color you have on. Remember: you're more beautiful than you know, more talented than you think, and more loved than you can imagine." ---Kandee Johnson; Youtube make-up artists, my personal inspiraton.

No comments:

Post a Comment